Lotte Scholarship Foundation – GIST Scholarship Program
One-time Settlement Allowance
Provided after entering Korea: 200,000 KRW
(M.S.) 900,000 KRW per month / (Ph.D.) 1,100,000 KRW per month
- This will be directly transferred to the student’s school bank account.
- Additional allowances may be received by students who participate in research projects.
Period of Scholarship
(M.S.·Integrated) 2 years / (Ph.D.) 4 years
- Integrated program students will receive 900,000 KRW per month during the first year and 1,100,000 KRW per month during the second year.
- Must have a minimum GPA 3.5 out of 4.5 for the previous semester(excl. new students)
- Must have at least 9 credits per semester(excl. an exception for completing all credits)
- The scholarship can be terminated for various reasons, including :
- Leave of absence, disciplinary action, withdrawal from school, etc.
• When requested by the Dept. chair with valid reasons
- When cancelled by the Lotte Scholarship Foundation (In this case, students will be changed to government sponsored students.)
Additional benefits provided by GIST
One-way Airfare Reimbursement (Entry to Korea): An economy class ticket from the student’s home country to Korea
Fully covered: 3,415,000 KRW per semester
On-campus Dormitory(Double or Triple Room) or Apartment for Married Students
- The student is responsible for any deposit, fees and utilities which will be charged separately.
25,000 KRW(offered once a year)